P67 Extreme 4 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme 4 Problem

So I put together a new system today with the following specs. Nothing is overclocked yet as I have yet to recieve the aftermarket CPU cooler.

New Stuff
    CPU - Intel 2500k
    MB - Asrock P67 Ext 4
    Ram - GSkill Ripjaw 1600 Cas9
    Vid - 2x MSI GTX570 in SLI
    DVD - Samsung DVD Burner
    Case - Antec P183
    Power - Antec CP1000

Stuff I transfered from old PC
    HDD1 - 120gb OCZ Agility SSD (Formatted ready for fresh Win7 Pro install)
    HDD2 - 2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black in RAID (Striped)
    HDD3 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green
    LAN - Intel Pro 1000PT CT Desktop PCI Ex

I installed Win7 Pro no hastles and updated it. Installed all the latest drivers etc. Left the PC while it was downloading something and came back to find the Network connection had disappeared. Restarted several times between loading on the newest drivers from Realtek. Each time I checked the device manager I was unable to locate the network device options. Each time i tried to re-install the drivers it would give me a message about "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. IF Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable". After doing some reading about it I tried removing the RAM and BIOS battery but to no avail. So I tried updating the UEFI from ASROCK, the existing version was 1.3 and I updated to 1.5. After doing that I was no longer able to load into windows. I read further that if windows had been installed with disk setting set to IDE instead of AHCI it would not work. I could not recall If I had enabled AHCI or IDE so I tried every combination I could come up with but no luck. I then tried to re-install windows but after it installs and reboots the pc it goes to the completing installation screen. I have some mouse control for a short period and then it seems to freeze. However the 3 little progress dots on the screen continue to move eternally. I tried rolling the UEFI version back to 1.3 and ran the same process again and the same result.

It's been several hours since i wrote that part. Since then I have managed to get windows 7 to install. The network device was recognised and worked correctly. I immediately disabled sleep mode for the network device. I updated windows and installed all the required drivers again. Then all of a sudden the connection drops again and no network device can be found. I then go and get the PCIe Intel network card from my previous machine which I had bought due to a faulty onboard network device. I disabled the on board LAN device in the UEFI and then shut down. Installed the Intel Network Card and rebooted. Windows does not find it even when I try and add a device.

Something is very wrong with this motherboard.

Any Ideas?

Only other thing I can think of is to try and install on a regular SATA drive and see if it's some kind of conflict with the SSD. It's now 2am and I have to work in 4 hours. I will post again tomorrow if I can get a new result.
    Last edited by uglyduckling81; 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM.

Re: P67 Extreme 4 Problem

Originally posted by uglyduckling81 View Post
    I installed Win7 Pro no hastles and updated it.
    I updated windows and installed all the required drivers again.
    That's the problem. Windows is installing a wrong update called Accusys. Take a look here.

Comment

Originally posted by burebista View Post
      That's the problem. Windows is installing a wrong update called Accusys. Take a look here.
      You are a bloody legend. Such an easy fix. I was looking at that device wondering why it hadn't installed properly.
      Thanks

Comment

Yeah, I've made same mistake myself and I have to figure on my own. :)

Comment

Working...
        X