• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have USB FlashDrive and Audio Issues with New ASRock X58 Extreme6

OK I just updated my Comp. Here's the specs:
    -Intel i7 970
    -12GB Corsair RAM
    -ASRock X58 Extreme6 Mobo
    -two 64GB Corsair SATAIII SSD (in RAID 0 - AHCI mode)
    -WD 250GB SATAIII HDD (for Backups)
    -Win7 Home 64bit

The Install went flawless, zero probs with the RAID which I thought was gonna be hell. ;)

The sound was working on first startup, but after Windows Update (I think) the sound went out. It was working on the green+black+tan jacks + headset on pink jack. It's now only showing as if the Digital connection is available and nothing anywhere else is connected. Even if something is connected (for example the mic -front or back jacks). Nothing works. You click the volume slider and the green bar goes up for the "ding", but no sound. I have a Logitech 5.1 and is says "No Digital Data" on the Optical. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek drivers + downloading the new 1/22/2011 Drivers, and uninstalling the "System devices/High Definition Audio Controller" for S&G. Didn't help. I have both regular cables and an optical cable and tried plugging and unplugging. Nothing worked so far.

The second problem I have is none of my USB flash drives get detected. Everything else USB (like Wacom Tablet, WebCam, SpaceNavgator, Keyboard, Mouse, etc) works perfect. Just three different Flash Drives don't do anything when plugged in to any USB port.

If you guys have some ideas I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Have USB FlashDrive and Audio Issues with New ASRock X58 Extreme6

RMA'd to Newegg :P

Killed List:
    -3 USB Flashdrives
    -1 Wacom Intuos (GD)
    -1 Internal Multi-Card Reader (Plugs into USB Header)

Live and learn. This is for my work computer, but nothing important was lost. Only one of the FlashDrives I cared about and everything on it is on my local NAS.

I had to buy a motherboard from Frys just in-case Newegg RMA's slow, so I bought a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. No problems at all. Sound works awesome off the bat (Optical Dolby Setting) ; RAID 0 SSDs were recognized by the controller without editing, but I reinstalled W7 just for INF's/Drivers sake; Tested: Photoshop, After Effects, SpaceNav, Saitek X52Pro, NetCam, TrackIR5, G19 Keyboard, Epson printer. All are working great! Played Mafia II, GTR2, and ArmA 2 for a while and they play 100% smooth. I tried ArmA 2 on the ASRock before putting in the box and it studdered every couple seconds. I thought this was because of the Hyperthreading as stated in the BIS forums, but on this Gigabyte mobo I have no studdering and HT is on. Obviously it does work in some situations but for me it was just the mobo.

Ask if you have any questions. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

I have a P67 Extreme 6 and had the same USB problems. Some things worked, some didn't. Yesterday, ASRock posted a new USB driver, installed and all is good!!

Originally posted by Rexxenexx View Post
      OK I just updated my Comp. Here's the specs:
      -Intel i7 970
      -12GB Corsair RAM
      -ASRock X58 Extreme6 Mobo
      -two 64GB Corsair SATAIII SSD (in RAID 0 - AHCI mode)
      -WD 250GB SATAIII HDD (for Backups)
      -Win7 Home 64bit

The Install went flawless, zero probs with the RAID which I thought was gonna be hell. ;)

The sound was working on first startup, but after Windows Update (I think) the sound went out. It was working on the green+black+tan jacks + headset on pink jack. It's now only showing as if the Digital connection is available and nothing anywhere else is connected. Even if something is connected (for example the mic -front or back jacks). Nothing works. You click the volume slider and the green bar goes up for the "ding", but no sound. I have a Logitech 5.1 and is says "No Digital Data" on the Optical. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek drivers + downloading the new 1/22/2011 Drivers, and uninstalling the "System devices/High Definition Audio Controller" for S&G. Didn't help. I have both regular cables and an optical cable and tried plugging and unplugging. Nothing worked so far.

The second problem I have is none of my USB flash drives get detected. Everything else USB (like Wacom Tablet, WebCam, SpaceNavgator, Keyboard, Mouse, etc) works perfect. Just three different Flash Drives don't do anything when plugged in to any USB port.

If you guys have some ideas I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

What USB peripherals did your P67 Extreme 6 destroy?

Comment

Working...
        X