Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N68C-GS UCC No POST, No Beeps, No Video, Fans Spinning OK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N68C-GS UCC No POST, No Beeps, No Video, Fans Spinning OK.

Brand new out-of-the-box N68C-GS fitted with Athlon II X4 640 & 2x2Gb DDR2. Power on & CPU fan spins, all case fans spin, but monitor has no video signal.

No POST, beeps or boot-up.

I've tried every trick I know of like swapping RAM around, using different speed RAM, stripping all additional H/W off, re-seating CPU, using different CPU, using different PSU, clearing CMOS, using different CMOS battery but nothing works

Am I missing something here or is it a dud board?

Re: N68C-GS UCC No POST, No Beeps, No Video, Fans Spinning OK.

Fixed! Turned out to be faulty reset switch on front panel, continuous short cct.

Comment

Hi im having a similar problem, its all wired up right, fans come on and everything but the monitor just keeps going onto 'power saving mode' any suggestions? :/

Comment

ok, so, I removed the 2 x 2gb sticks of DDR3 ram and just have 2 x 1gb of DDR2 running, it now has cable signal and trys to boot up, gets just past the 'starting windows' screen then re-boots :/
        Last edited by WillG; 11-14-2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Will, check all the header connections, remove them even. As I said, my problem was with a dodgy case intruder switch that was permanently 'on', but even the wrong brand of RAM can cause the mobo to malfunction. Have you chosen RAM from the list in the handbook? If what you have isn't on the list then it isn't likely to be compatible

Comment

Checked all the header connections, didnt fix the problem but i did have the reset switch on the wrong way round.. didnt make much difference. went to load up got to where it normally resets, waited an extra few seconds, i thought it might of done it.. then it rebooted my heart almost exploded :P haha. As you said the ram im using does work with the mobo, the DDR2 ram anyway, not to sure on the DDR3. So the headers are all ok, the ram is good but still resets just after the windows start up screen.. Gah!

Comment

also just removed the reset switch on the system planel header and it still resets in the same place

Comment

Now then there's another bit of info that I found tucked behind something in the manual of on mobo or another, I can't recall if it was this one or not... to use DDR3 you need a certain type of processor; but which? I can't remember!!!

The bottom line is this; a mobo may state that it can accommodate a particular range of processors, a certain range of RAM types, SATA / PATA ports and expansion slots, and although this is basically true, you can only use each of those in a certain combination with the others. Do you see what I mean?

Comment

That's it! I remember! I replaced a dead mobo for a customer & re-used his AM2 cpu. He also wanted more RAM so I stuck in 4gb DDR3. The mobo said on the box that it took AM2 / AM3 cpu's, and DDR2/DDR3 RAM, but the problem that gave rise to similar symptoms to yours was that to use DDR3 you had to have an AM3 cpu fitted, not an AM2!!

Does any of this prattle help at all WillG?
                  Last edited by WitZend; 11-15-2011, 12:54 PM. Reason: feedback is nice :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X