HDMI 24 bit audio not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI 24 bit audio not working properly

I just purchased a 88GMH/USB3 R2.0 I'm running Windows 7-32 bit. I can get sound out of the HDMI (why, oh why is that disabled in the BIOS by default?!?), but under the sound properties, I'm only seeing 16 bit sound with only 2 channels and no HDCP support. It was my understanding that this motherboard can do 24 bit sound with multiple speakers. I've tried 4 or 5 different drivers and I can get the HDCP support on but no more speakers, and no 24 bit.

HELP! This was one of the primary reasons I purchased this motherboard and I'm very disappointed right now.

Are there drivers I'm missing? Do I need a BIOS upgrade? I've used the drivers off of the website and the included disk AND one I found online called Realtek ATI HDMI Drivers.

Thanks,
    TehErk

Re: HDMI 24 bit audio not working properly

I don't have this board or personal experience with it, but I think the 880G series HDMI port is for the video output. This means the HDMI port is handled by the integrated AMD/ATI GPU. Make sure you have the latest Catalyst drivers installed. When playing back normal stereo audio, the default audio output might only be 16-bit 2 channel. With Dolby Digital, DTS, or other blu-ray content, the data may be passed through to the receiver for decoding and allow for the full 5.1-7.1 sound.

Personally, my nVidia HDMI outputs don't work or show up as working at all unless connected to a receiver which allows it to detect the data format to send audio.

Windows 7 x64-bit
    Video: ATI Radeon
    Audio: ATI Catalyst

Comment

Working...
    X