Bios update = BSOD on startup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios update = BSOD on startup??

Hey guys I decided to update my bios since it thought there was an error with the sensor because the readings of my CPU reached to 233 C(yes celcius not fahrenheit). I updated the bios using the .exe file
    for the ASRock H55DE3 motherboard. It told me the update was successful and it said to finish it I need to restart. After restarting when it was about to go to my desktop it had a BSOD. I tried start up repair 5 times in a row. Checked the bios and the version changed from P1.80 to P2.80. I am really confused to what is the problem here since I think the bios update was successful. Im using my other pc just to look for solutions. But I haven't found any with the same problem as mine. Any help will be appreciated.

I need to fix my pc quickily because of my files in there are for my school project. And I will fail if my pc doesn't get fixed.

Sorry if I dont speak english fluently but please bear with me

Edit: The BSOD shows for a split second so I cant tell what the problem is. And It says that I have no restore points but I remember I created a system restore point 2 days ago.
    The start-up repair says that it cannot fix the problem. And it also wont start in safe mode.

PC specs (if you guys need to know):
    MoBo: H55DE3
    CPU: core i5 650
    HD : One Hitachi and another one (forgot the name)
    Ram: 4gb
    Last edited by SadFace; 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM.

Re: Bios update = BSOD on startup??

You might try and download all the BIOS versions in between your old and current ones and try update/downgrade them.

You'd need instant flash versions (as your computer doesn't start to windows) 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.8.
    Then go in order 2.1 -> 2.2 -> 2.3 -> 2.4 -> 2.8.

As for your project, put the hard drive on another computer and get the files if everything else fails.
    Fractal Design Define R5 Black , Nexus 950W , Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS , i7 3770k @4.2GHz , 120x240mm water cooling
    32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill PC-14900 CL10 , EVGA GTX970 Hybrid .
    2x Samsung 830 128GB SSD in raid 0 for operating system and games 1x Seagate 1.8TB drive for storage

Comment

How do I install those can I put them in a usb?? Because I cant download from start up. As of now I'm using the comp of my brother.

Comment

Yes, put them to USB memory stick. Can't remember what key to hit in boot to access the Instant Flash though, but it should be accessible through BIOS setup as well. Just put post messages on screen it says what key to hit for Instant Flash.

Also might be that you need to put BIOS files 1 by 1 on the mem stick to flash the bios one step at the time.
        Fractal Design Define R5 Black , Nexus 950W , Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS , i7 3770k @4.2GHz , 120x240mm water cooling
        2x Samsung 830 128GB SSD in raid 0 for operating system and games 1x Seagate 1.8TB drive for storage

Comment

Done all those steps. But the problem still persists

Thnx for the suggestion thou

Comment

Install the system drive on another computer and run checkdisk for that drive.

Comment

Working...
            X