Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft restart

Re: SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft res

Well, I have fiddled with SSD drives but my mobo is A790GXH/128M and the ahci didn't work for me neither, but I was making a raid 0 from 2 60GB (64GB salesman) Kingston SSDNow V-series SNV425 (the read speed is now 460MB/s + access time 0.22ms).

I don't know if ahci offers that much performance boost that you should use it if you get them working in ide/raid mode.
    Last edited by AsrockNewbie; 02-04-2011, 01:33 PM.
    Fractal Design Define R5 Black , Nexus 950W , Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS , i7 3770k @4.2GHz , 120x240mm water cooling
    32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill PC-14900 CL10 , EVGA GTX970 Hybrid .
    2x Samsung 830 128GB SSD in raid 0 for operating system and games 1x Seagate 1.8TB drive for storage

Comment

Re: SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft res

Well, I've tested a bit more on other 2 different 1155 motherboards, from giagabyte and asus, guess what? They worked fine with the drives in ahci, so definitely is not a problem with the SSD.

I'm impressed by the lack of support from asrock so far, I've send them a few emails about it and as there is no any phone number to contact any support, I think I'll simply return this motherboards as faulty and get any other asus/gigabyte/msi motherboard as a replacement.

I'm really upset by this lack of support and feedback from asrock.

Comment

Working...
      X