K10N78D woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K10N78D woes

So i purchased this board as a replacement for my now dead MSI K9N diamond as this board boasted upgrade paths aswell as claiming to work with my existing components, however i am having some slight issues with it. Install itself went smoothly and the BIOS registers my parts correctly, an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ and 4GB of OCZ DDR2 800mhz (4x 1GB stick) in dual channel configuration with a Radeon HD 5670 PCI-E, however, despite the BIOS having the timings set correctly and recognising the RAM in windows it runs at a lowly 254mhz if i'm lucky, if not its a flat 200mhz, i can barely even watch any kind of movie playback on here and i can't even attempt to run any kind of games as even flash videos have issues playing on sites. I've tried running the RAM at different speeds which results in either BSOD's or no booting at all, the only speed spart from 400mhz that even boots is 200mhz, i've tried rearranging the RAM but that resulted in a BSOD aswell, it refuses to boot with only 2GB installed regardless of which 2GB i use. I am sadly reaching the end of my patience with this board as i can't see why the same parts would run quite as horridly as they do, i've tried updating the BIOS to 1.80 which didn't change anything and i'm using win 7 x64 with the newest chipset drivers i could find from nVidia and done 2 reinstalls of the OS, i can't think of anything else to try, here are screenshots of the BIOS screens along with a few images from CPUz which i used to get the speeds. http://www.cypherous.co.uk/bios/

Re: K10N78D woes

So anyone got any ideas at all with this one, i opened a ticket with asrock the same day i posted this but they haven't replied as of yet either and i'm nearing the point where i need to start spending money to fix this but without knowing the fault there are a number of parts to replace to test :(

Comment

Working...
    X