890GX Extreme4, realtek HD audio no jack retasking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890GX Extreme4, realtek HD audio no jack retasking

After trying all sorts of settings and drivers configurations I'm afraid it turns out that the realtek chip on my 890GX Extreme 4 (Realtek ALC892)

The option for retasking are just not there in the control panel, no matter what I try. The stupid thing is that a friend of mine has the same chipset on a gigabyte (ALC892) but he is perfectly able to retask his jack plugs. I tried installing his drivers but it didn't make a bit of difference.

I'm rather disappointed that this feature seems to be not supported on this motherboard. They could atleast told me so on the specifications page so I could buy another brand

I got a headset and a stereo amp, I want to be able to connect the stereo on the black port and make it front speakers like I could with my previous gigabyte motherboard.

Am I mislooking somewhere is am I right that it's not supported? If not: Why the *** not, I expect more features not less when buying more recent hardware.

Is only see this when rightclicking a output:

I want to see this:
    Last edited by 1299; 12-31-2010, 01:45 PM.

Re: 890GX Extreme4, realtek HD audio no jack retasking

Guys,
    This worked for me! Found it on the Overclock.net fourm
    Anyways, I'm fairly sure your board is fine, I'm having the same issue on my IP35-Pro (although non-XE), where I get a notification that something has been plugged in, but never a popup asking me what. (Running vista x64 sp1)
    I have, however, found out where the mappings are saved in the registry and as such been able to sort of work around the issue.
    1. For me, the mappings are saved in: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\C ontr ol\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\DevType_0888_SS147b108 3"
    2. binary keys that I have identified are:
    "Pin01" = rear black-coded "RR RL" jack
    "Pin07" = front green-coded "headphone" jack
    3. hex values identified:
    "00 00 00 00" = Line-in
    "01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
    "02 00 00 00" = headphones
    "04 00 00 00" = Front speakers
    "05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers
    "06 00 00 00" = Center/subwoofer
    "07 00 00 00" = Side speakers
    For me, retasking/mapping the rear audiojack (RR RL) to front speakers was enough and all I wanted to do.
    After changing the registry I had to reboot for the settings to take effect, there's probably a more elegant way to do it via some dll, but that'll take more time than I'm willing to spend
    Anyways, hope it's of some help.

Comment

Working...
    X