Memory Question for 890FX Deluxe 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Question for 890FX Deluxe 4

Hi: I am building a new computer and it is probably the last one I will build so I am over doing it with much more than I need. This is what it is going to consist of.
    Motherboard: ASRock 890FX Deluxe 4<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T<o:p></o:p>
    Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R<o:p></o:p>
    Memory: 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600<o:p></o:p>
    Video: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7770 1GB<o:p></o:p>
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W<o:p></o:p>
    HD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6.0GBs<o:p></o:p>

O/S: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    Now I have a question for anyone. The manual for the M/B says this: If I want to, at a later date, add 8GB of RAM can it be done by adding it to the 2 open DDR3_A1 and DDR3_B1 slots, or am I stuck with 8GB of RAM? This may sound Dumb but it confuses this old mind. Tricks like this should not be played on us old people! TIA for any answers. <o:p></o:p>

Re: Memory Question for 890FX Deluxe 4

I, coincidentally, just purchased this same MB and RAM and would also like to know the answer to this question. Also, why is A2 and B2 recommended for the "better" RAM?

Greg

Comment

I contacted ASR and got a vague answer. They claim no matter what ram you use they should go into A2 & B2 first. They told me there is no problem filling the other 2 slots as long as you use a matched pair. Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Ok, maybe I can help, I have a very similar machine. I am running 4 sticks of 2 GBs Gskill 1600 (8GB) running 1600 no problem. I would expect at 16gb, you should still be able to run at those speeds or higher.

Comment

Working...
        X