Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 880Gmh not booting

Hello,
    I just finished building a new computer and seem to be having problems.
    It's a:
    ASRock 880GMH/USB3
    Phenom II X4 955
    Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS 500GB
    CORSAIR 2GB DDR3 1333 VS2GB1333D3 G (x2 for now)

I put it all together, plugged it into a monitor and tried to boot it up. The amber light on the monitor doesn't turn green, I don't hear any system beeps...nothing at all. The case fans, hard drive and DVD-ROM spin up as does the case light. But the monitor isn't getting any input. I even tried 2 monitors and both the VGA and DVI onboard outputs. I'm starting to think there's either something wrong with the mobo or cpu.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Re: 880Gmh not booting

You plugged in the 12V connector?
    Red marked in picture:

Comment

Hello

I too have an issue with this board. I thought I would post it here rather than a new thread. I have it set up with a Sempron 145, 2gb DDR3 1333, nothing much else ran on a 350W PSU.

I have no problem with set up as standard. Runs well. My problem is that if I try to use the TurboUCC or turn ACC on in the BIOS (any setting, tried them all) the system won't post. I have to reset the CMOS via the jumper.

Should the board be behaving in this manner? Unlocking cores is a hit and miss business so won't work all the time. So why would a feature be developed that meant you had to take your machine apart to get it working again? Anybody else experience this?

Thanks

Comment

Gah! How did I miss that? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by eddi View Post
        You plugged in the 12V connector?
        Red marked in picture:

Comment

Hmm...I have no experience with TurboUCC or ACC so I won't be able to help. It might be work started a thread on it and put "Trouble with TurboUCC on 880Gmh" or something as the title. Someone with experience in the matter might see it easier.

Originally posted by dalecooper View Post
          Hello

I too have an issue with this board. I thought I would post it here rather than a new thread. I have it set up with a Sempron 145, 2gb DDR3 1333, nothing much else ran on a 350W PSU.

I have no problem with set up as standard. Runs well. My problem is that if I try to use the TurboUCC or turn ACC on in the BIOS (any setting, tried them all) the system won't post. I have to reset the CMOS via the jumper.

Should the board be behaving in this manner? Unlocking cores is a hit and miss business so won't work all the time. So why would a feature be developed that meant you had to take your machine apart to get it working again? Anybody else experience this?

Thanks

Comment

Some people seems to have more luck with ASUS-Gigabytes 710/750SB mobos.
            But there is no guarantee to get a Sempron 145 switched into Athlon X2. It depends on the CPU and on the fact, if second core is damaged or not.
            When your "UCC" feature didn't hit the target, forget about it.

Comment

Yeah that's what I've been reading over the past few days. My bad picking an Asrock. I suspect the 2nd core is dead but I can't be sure until the board posts when I'm trying to enable it.

I'll wait for Asrock to respond to my query and go from there.

Comment

Working...
              X