• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 880GHX / AMD athlon II X3 440 problem turbo UCC

I need someone's help.

mobo 880GHX USB3
    cpu AMD athlon II X3 440

I tried to unlock the core using TURBO CC, when on the screen appears "press X for TURBO UCC" I press X but afterward the system does not restart; reset button does not work adn I need to clear CMOS to strat the system again.

Any help?? where am I wrong??

thanks

Re: 880GHX / AMD athlon II X3 440 problem turbo UCC

The fourth core was "locked" at the manufacturer for quality reasons after testing revealed defects in it. Sometimes these defects are minor and don't interfere with the normal operation of the processor. In such cases, after UCC is enabled the system should boot fine - with the unlocked core online.
    There is no guarantee, however, that any locked cores will be usable. If you must have 4 cores you should buy an X4 processor, otherwise it is a gamble (albeit a worthwhile one since you are not paying for those cores anyway).
    I have a Phenom II X2 555 B.E. and neither locked core functions under UCC. Since my application really only utilizes two cores at a time though, I am still quite happy with my processor's performance.

Comment

Re: 880GHX / AMD athlon II X3 440 problem turbo UCC

I have the same problem. Resetting the BIOS did nothing, still dead. Is there anything else I can do? Is it most likley the mother board or cpu?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X