X58 Extreme 6: New BIOS v1.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58 Extreme 6: New BIOS v1.10

Since this thread is absolutely not monitored anymore by ASrock, we'll do the dirty work for them:

ASrock X58 Extreme6 BIOS version 1.10
    Link: ASROCK X58 Extrem 6 bios & drivers

Re: X58 Extreme 6: New BIOS v1.10

Hi eddy,

Thanks for that!

I asume you have also bought the extreme 6.
    and are u planning to oc it and if so are u willing to share on details?

maybe you can help out a bit further, i have problems getting my dominator rims up to the speed they intent to run on nl 2000mhz instead of the 1333 they have now.

also i keep getting dr debug codes on start up the most common ones are c0 c5 d5 c1 and c2 until i reset.

Ja een hoop vraagjes maar er is zo verdomd weinig te vinden nog!

Grtjs Wil.

Comment

I think we're about the first ones to run this puppy :-) Absolutely no feedback to be found (and no support, I don't know where the newly hired guy works but it is not on this board)

Yes, I've started OC-ing last week. Using the CPU OC presets, now working on 3.6 Ghz without an issue.
      The memory is a different story: I have Kingston DDR3 2000 memory, but I can only get it stable (either with CPU OC and without CPU OC) on 1800. When set to 2000 Windows wil not boot.

I think it can be solved by adjusting the voltage. Apparently 1.65v for RAM is not enough, for starters you could try a bit more: 1.66 / 1.67. But have a look at your RAM specs to which voltage it needs to be set. I am satisfied for now woth 1800 so I have not tried any further.

Haven't tried myself, so beware: Pushing the RAM voltage more than 0.5v higher than the CPU voltage can be damaging. (CPU voltage is usually 1.15 on this board)
      Or loosen some timings.

Laten we het maar in het Engels houden :-)

Comment

Yep i think we are on ourselfs to get the puppy housetrained :)

Anyways, i went on tweaking yesterday and finnaly got the rims running and stable at 1750 mhz and 3.9 ghz clock

Not bad for the beginning but it can do a lot more than that i am sure!

The trick for me was exclude xmp and getting the VRAM up to 1.8 volts and the vcore at 1.4 volts (stil in the green) temperatures not exceeding 39celcius (idle)

current timing is 8-9-8-24 but there has to be a way to get them tighter. working the timings should do the trick but that is something i am not familiar with yet.

Wil.

Comment

Working...
        X