Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linksys AE1000 Wireless Adapter Bootup Problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linksys AE1000 Wireless Adapter Bootup Problem..

Hello,
    I have the ASRock X58 Extreme 3 (i7 Processor, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit), that I just started using about a week ago. Everything is working fine except for my USB Linksys AE1000 Wireless Adapter. Here's what's happening. When the system has been off for an hour or two, when I boot up, Windows 7 does not see the wireless adapter. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it works fine. If I shut down the system completely and leave it off for a while, it when booting up it sees the wireless adapter with no problems. On my old system (windows XP Pro, Dual core Processor), I never had problems with it. So it is not the wireless adapter (which I've had for about three weeks).

I have also installed all the motherboard drivers (from the website). I've been in contact with Cisco, but they just wanted me to update the firmware on the router (Linksys WRT54GS V2)... Which did nothing. Like I said it worked fine on my old system.

I'm wondering if something is going on with the startup of the motherboard with the USB ports? Looked in CMOS, but didn't find anything that stood out to me.

It could be something with Windows 7, but thought I'd start here since it seems to work with just fine rebooting (as long as it's hasn't been off for several hours).

Any help would be great!

Re: Linksys AE1000 Wireless Adapter Bootup Problem..

Here's a little more info on my problem...
    I tried plugging it into the other USB ports with same results. But when I plug it in directly (instead of the holder extender that comes with it), it seems to be fine. The only thing I can think of is that even with the computer off, there is still power to the USB ports, and this could be confusing the extender/adapter interface. I know that there is power output to the USB's even with the computer off, since my mouse (which is plugged in when I need to charge the battery), shows that it's still charging.

So the odvious response is, then just plug it directly into the computer... Problem solved... The problem is that my signal is about half when plugged into the back of the computer, instead of the extender.

So I'm wondering if there is anyway to tell the motherboard to reset USB ports on bootup?

Comment

Working...
    X