X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unknown devices" in 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0

Hi

My Pc: 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0
    2 GB RAM kINGSTON, hd samsung 1000gb sata2, INTEL coreDUO E6300.

I Installed Windows 7 ultimate 32bit (but it's the same with vista)...

In device manager i have an "unknown devices" ...

In "details" there is this string:

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3372&SUBSYS_33721849&REV_00\3&267 a616a&0&88

I installed Via Hyperion Pro 5.24a but the problem remains

HELP!

Re: "Unknown devices" in 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0

Have you tried removing the device and seeing if Windows would re-detect it, after installing the Hyperion driver package? At least within prior versions of Windows (my 7-specific knowledge is rather limited), sometimes simply installing a new driver will not cause a device to update from "unknown" to its intended functionality, unless you specifically use the "update driver" option within the device's own properties and point to the correct file, or remove the device and let Windows re-detect and re-enable it after a reboot.

It's also possible it could be the onboard audio or LAN device might not be disabled in the BIOS but does not have the appropriate drivers installed.

Comment

Incredible!

Windows auto installed the driver... It's an audio-midi controller.

NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MIDI UART

Strange! I have nothing about nvidia in my PC, video card is ATI-Sapphire... BA!

THANKS JWK

Comment

Ha! That device identification is actually pretty funny; I'm also using an ATi-chipset Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP card on a 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0, and I don't see anything at all about any nvidia devices in my device manager. Of course, I've never used an nforce-chipset motherboard on this computer, so I don't even know if XP would have drivers for any of its components (whereas 7 most likely would). Seems like a funny glitch that it would come up with that driver as being the "most compatible" with your hardware, though, unless you specifically installed the nforce chipset driver package at some point in time, and didn't uninstall it before changing motherboards and chipset drivers. In any case, as long as things seem to be working fine anyway, you know what they say about "if it ain't broke..." :P

Comment

Working...
        X