Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with SATA Help please

Hello Everybody .
    Help Please<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

My Bios Ver 2.20 cannot to see it even with other hard drive a PATA- 160 GB disconnected feed and Lead. <o:p></o:p>

My other connected Hard Drive is a PATA 160 GB. My Motherboard is a Asrock K8Upgrade -VM800 (approx 5 years old) with 2Mb Ram<o:p></o:p>
    My ASrock K8Upgrade -VM800 motherboard has provision for a SATA 1 and A SATA 2 connection points<o:p></o:p>

Would a Sate PCI card resolve this??<o:p></o:p>
    Any Ideas???<o:p></o:p>
    Thank you <o:p></o:p>
    Byker1

Re: Problem with SATA Help please

Switch to other sata connection point and check if the SATA cable is OK. I got a faulty one on previous Asrock.

Check any documentation you can find online for it. it might be that it needs to be specially formatted for WinXP (i know WD does with a special utility found on their site). And also check if jumpers are correctly set on the back of the disk.

Comment

Re: Problem with SATA Help please

This old motherboard still has a first generation SATA controller (1.5 Gbps). Please limit the transfer speed of the drive to 1.5 Gbps (or 150 MBps). Maybe the HDD has a jumper for that. Or maybe Samsung has a software tool (then you have to connect the HDD to another system first).

If you press F11 while the system is booting, then you should see a boot menu. If the HDD is recognized by the BIOS, then it will show up in this boot menu.

Comment

Working...
      X