Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 890 bios issues

Sysinfo with UCC enabled:

Windows7(X64)-system 2.80ghz?????????????????
    Everest 16.5x215=3534mhz?????????????????????
    CPU-Z 14x215=3010.1mhz??????????????????????

What program is the rest of the world using?

Bios issues:

There is an function to save your (overclock) profile but it will not save all your settings or it will not overwrite all settings when you are recalling. For me impossible to find out what is happening, can only see that it isn't working as it should be.

When you do an restart it is impossible to get into the bios with the 'del' function, you must completely shutdown the computer and do manually an (re)start to get into the bios!

When i enable UCC there is no core temps reading, when i manually overclock there IS core temps reading according to Everest.....
    Like everywhere stated on the internet: DO NOT TRUST THE TEMP READINGS, WHATEVER PROGRAM YOU WILL USE! Everest and Coretemp seems to be the most accurate but you have to reckon an 10dgr.C +, so be very carefull!! Do not exceed (for a long period) 55dgr.C!

EDIT:
    As from today, 14-07-2010, there is an NEW bios, the clever ones has given it the same version number as before: 1.60!!

VERY IMPORTANT, sound issue:

After not using for 5 minutes or so the sound is shutdown by...... your guess is as good as mine.
    There is an 'buzzer' tone in the speakers as long as the sound is shut off by the motherboard.
    As soon as you will need sound the VIA-chip is working fine again.

Did some research and found out the the Asus Crosshair IV has the same sound-chipset, downloaded and installed their drivers but no result.
    Did some further research and found out that on Asus website ASUSTeK Computer Inc. under specifications they mention the Creative X-Fi built-in audio chip, but when you go to download there is only the Via driver to download, apparently they have changed the manufacturing process from the Creative chip to the Via sound chip.
    Did some EXTRA research and found out that there are similar sound complaints about the Asus Crosshair IV as with the Asrock 890FXDeLuxe 3 which is logical because Asus apparently has changed from Creative to the Via sound chip, see also http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=321946

Has cost me an whole day to solve it and i really don't know how i solved it.
    Managed somehow to fix it, don't ask how, did several things:

1 installed and removed again several other drivers from Asus website Crosshair. (could be that with uninstalling the driver(s) there are some 'leftovers' from the driver(s) which solved the problem)
    2 installed packaged version is 8.1.00.35, codec VT2020, driver version 6.0.1.8100, os version windows 7, directX version DirectX11
    3 changed the standard windows7 sound to several others and back to the default sound.
    4 turned everything off in Via HDvdeck except the speakers
    5 played with the HDvdeck equalizer
    6 Played for 1/2 hr Supertramp
    7 waited several times more then 5 minutes without any cracking or buzzer sound
    8 did an restart without any cracking or buzzer sound.

IT IS DEFINITELY AN DRIVER ISSUE!
    MY GUESS IS THAT BECAUSE WITH THE INSTALLATION OF HDVDECK (VIA DRIVER) EVERY APPARATUS LIKE SPEAKERS, RECORDER AND MICROFONE IS AUTOMATICALLY TURNED ON THE SYSTEM BECAME CRAZY. (The system has given priority to other apparatus then the speakers.)
    Normally the driver will search for what apparatus IS connected on and not automatically turn EVERYTHING on!

AGAIN AS ALREADY MENTIONED:ASROCK/ASUS ARE USING THE SAME SOUNDCHIP WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS.

An last remark: have found topics on the internet concerning the VIA VT2020 soundchip dated.................... 2002????????????????????????????????????? We are now living in 2010, what an development.......
    Asrock/Asus are the only ones who are using this chip, it's especially made for them according to VIA

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset" itxtvisited="1">Q: What is the VIA VT2020 or VT1828Saudio solution? Where can I get a driver for it and why is there no information on VIA's site about it?
    A: The VIA VT2020 and VT1828S are VIA HD audio controllers that have, thus far, been sold exclusively to ASUS for their high-end motherboards. Drivers are available on ASUS's website as they develop the drivers specifically for the way they have implemented the chip on their boards. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Edit:
    As from today, 14-07-2010, there is an new Via driver version 8300c with THX (Creative) support.

As from today, 14-07-2010, there is an completely new driver THX (Creative) Audio version 9.1.0.429.

HEHE, FOUND THE DRIVER ERROR/SOLUTION WHICH STILL IS THERE EVEN WITH THE NEW DRIVERS:
    it is so simple when you know it: just under microfone turn mute off = microphone off!!

For me it is an driver error, nobody will allways use the microphone so it has to be automatically turned on/off when it is being used and not manually.
    All other sound drivers will work that way except Asrock/Asus......

Re: Asrock 890 bios issues

UPDATE SOUND ISSUE:

Installed the latest bios and drivers.

Besides the 'mute' problem with the microphone, which you have to correct only one time within the Vdeck program, the 'default' apparatus switch for the speakers is turned off every time when you (re)start your system, there will be no sound out your speakers unless you turn the default switch again on!

Comment

Working...
    X