Asrock 890gx extreme3 problem with 1600MHz geil value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 890gx extreme3 problem with 1600MHz geil value

I am a not so happy user of 890gx because i have a probleme with my rams, when i put them on blue dimm slots and put them at 1600 i have several crashes and BSOD when i have them on white slots all are going good so i put them on blue and have them on auto clock and works fine because its the second mobo after RMA i would like to know if it is a BIOS error and it will be fixed are i made 2 on 2 and i have to RMA this on too. I am using 2.40 BIOS .Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Tranos; 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM.

Re: Asrock 890gx extreme3 problem with 1600MHz geil value

hi guys after many days of investigation on this issue i desidet to download the online manual and leave mine away and i discovered that is a known issue and it is suggested to put rams of 1600 or 1800 to A2 and B2 slots

Comment

I have ordered a complete system with the same motherboard (flashed to 2.4) and also with Geil 1600Mhz memory.

The webshop building and testing my system ran into the same problem: instability at 1600Mhz.

So now they are trying 1600Mhz memory of a different brand: Kingston.

I'd would've preferred the Geil memory because it has lower CAS.

I want to find out what's going on here as fast as possible. I've already waited three and a half weeks and I still don't have the system. It's almost ready, but now there are memory compatibility problems.

Tranos, you say you've found in the manual that this is a known issue. I've downloaded the manual as well but can't find anything about this.

Can Asrock support tell me more?

Is this an issue with just Geil memory, or 1600Mhz memory in general?

Will it be solved in future bios versions or not?

Because if not... then this means I can only use 2 memory banks (A2, B2) with Geil 1600Mhz memory. I assume an extra pair of this memory wouldn't work in A1 and B1.

Please reply, Asrock support.

Comment

I was going to say I'm running G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ just fine, but then remembered I started out in A2 and B2 to allow more cpu cooler clearance. These run at 1.5v, 9-9-9-24 using manual BIOS 2.40 settings.

I will try them in the other two slots in the next few days to see if I have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
        X