Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock 890GX extreme 3 and SATA hotplug problem

Originally posted by thedesp View Post
    Try the modded BIOS on the first page of this thread.
    YES IT WORKS
    thank you, they told me 2.43 has esata removable drives feature, but seems not to be the case

Comment

The new 2.50 BIOS doesn't include sata hot-plugging
      Stick with 2.41G on the first page if you need this feature.

Comment

yes 2.41G the only one with safe removal so far -__-

Comment

Actually, 2.50 bios include SATA Hot-Plug support and now it's like it should be.

You can choose in bios what SATA ports support hot-plugging. Just tested it and at least eSata hd eject via Safely Remove Hardware icon works fine. Good work Asrock!

Comment

Originally posted by marko69 View Post
            Actually, 2.50 bios include SATA Hot-Plug support and now it's like it should be.

You can choose in bios what SATA ports support hot-plugging. Just tested it and at least eSata hd eject via Safely Remove Hardware icon works fine. Good work Asrock!
            I didn't see this option in BIOS, must check ASAP

anyway, how is the option called? Any screenshots?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedepetris View Post
              I didn't see this option in BIOS, must check ASAP

anyway, how is the option called? Any screenshots?
              No screenshoots at the moment.

But in bios Advanced->Storage Configuration->Select SATA port which you want hot plug support, for example SATA3_3->Enter, and there you find option Hot Plug Support.

Same place where you can select S.M.A.R.T support on hds and so on. Check it, there is it.
              Nice feature, i don't need hot plug option for boot hd or DVD-RW, so i can disable it for those devices.

Comment

Originally posted by marko69 View Post
                No screenshoots at the moment.

But in bios Advanced->Storage Configuration->Select SATA port which you want hot plug support, for example SATA3_3->Enter, and there you find option Hot Plug Support.

Same place where you can select S.M.A.R.T support on hds and so on. Check it, there is it.
                Nice feature, i don't need hot plug option for boot hd or DVD-RW, so i can disable it for those devices.
                Thank you it works! I asked AMD/Asrock so many times I can't believe it's working that well now :-)

Comment

To be able to set hotplug for each SATA port, you have to set SATA mode to AHCI and AMD AHCI ROM to disable.

Comment

I`m having trouble making hotplug work on my 880G Extreme3. While searching for solution, I`ve come across this thread.
                    Since this is exactly my problem, but on a different MB, I found it frustrating that a fixed BIOS was released only for that model... :(

Comment

Originally posted by kosssmin View Post
                      I`m having trouble making hotplug work on my 880G Extreme3. While searching for solution, I`ve come across this thread.
                      Since this is exactly my problem, but on a different MB, I found it frustrating that a fixed BIOS was released only for that model... :(
                      are you shure there is not a similar option in your BIOS? When you see all sata ports, can you enable/disable each port? That's the plache where you can activate hot plug etc.

Comment

Yes, I`m sure, I`ve already looked there prior to finding this thread, I`ve also checked that place again after that, just to be 100% sure.
                        No such option.
                        On 880G the latest BIOS version is 1.70, currently on my MB. It`s issued on 6/24/2010. At that moment even 890GX did not have the option, it was introduced in 2.50 BIOS, on 10/12/2010. No BIOS update for 880G in December though...

Comment

Originally posted by kosssmin View Post
                          Yes, I`m sure, I`ve already looked there prior to finding this thread, I`ve also checked that place again after that, just to be 100% sure.
                          No such option.
                          On 880G the latest BIOS version is 1.70, currently on my MB. It`s issued on 6/24/2010. At that moment even 890GX did not have the option, it was introduced in 2.50 BIOS, on 10/12/2010. No BIOS update for 880G in December though...
                          Have you asked to Asrock support? They usually answer, and letting them know about your problem will increase the probability of new BIOS releases. Have you any sources for modded or beta BIOSes?

Comment

I saw ASRock`s Tech Support Staff Sean here, I sent him a message. If he`ll not reply, I`ll ask ASR support for help.
                            As for modded/beta BIOSes... no, I don`t.

Comment

Working...
                            X