add2 card in g41c-vs = no boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add2 card in g41c-vs = no boot

Hi, I have a sil1364 add2 card that previously worked fine in a g31 motherboard. In the asrock g41c-vs it won't boot with this card in the pci x16 slot. CPU fan runs but no display or boot type activity.
    Any suggestions?

Re: add2 card in g41c-vs = no boot

maby bios and set it to pci express or start with on board graphic with the dvi card insert in pci express maby it will find it and install driver. then shotdown pc and set cable to dvi card start pc. and cross you finger.

my problem can not restart when I've been in the bios
    nor can it be shut down or restart from desktop
    and if i wont to close computer it will not shotdown.

I've tried with dvdsata + satahd and idedvd + idehd changed graphics card and ram and board purchased with bios 1.40.

Comment

Yeah tried all that. Never got anywhere. Reported the problem on Asrock support site and got no reply at all. Last Asrock I buy. No reply at all!

Comment

now I have solved my problem.
        if you have the same problem - can not boot when you have been in the bios or can not restart the computer or shut down your computer.

my solution was changing out the cpu with a celeron 2.80 ghz not exactly what I expected, but it may be it can not use intel pentium dual core cpu

my parts:
        g41c-vs with Pentium Dual-Core E2200
        80 gb Samsung HD080HJ/P. Serial ATA-300
        3 gb DDR2 PC2-5300 kvr667d2n5
        HKC USP-5580, 580 watt
        dvd-rom 16x ide

Comment

Working...
        X