Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X58 Extreme + i7-930 + H50 = Overclock to 4.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58 Extreme + i7-930 + H50 = Overclock to 4.0?

Hey guys, I just built a gaming rig that consists of the X58 extreme with an i7-930 being cooled by the corsair h50. Also, my case is the corsair 800d. I used the preset overclock settings in the Bios to go ahead and push for 3.6... it was a matter of a drop down menu and selecting 3.6 and I'm there. I have yet to prime95 this setting but I imagine its somewhat stable. I'm currently sitting at 47C idle. I'd like to get to 4.0 and keep it stable... But I have a feeling that I need to manually punch everything in for that to work. Can anyone help me out with the bios settings?

I have actually already tried for 4.0, but It doesn't last very long in prime95. I had voltages close to 1.4 before I could even get into windows and last 4 minutes in prime... this makes me think my chip isn't meant to hit 4.0 or I have a bad board or something. It tends to cut off around 74C... I also need to change the cutoff temp and raise it for 85C or so... (I think??) But i'm not sure how to do that. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Re: X58 Extreme + i7-930 + H50 = Overclock to 4.0?

I have the X58 Extreme 3 and a Corei7 960. With preset overclock settings I often couldnt pass the OCCT stress test. I tried the settings shown here and now everything is stable at 3.75Ghz:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Overclocking Intel Core i7 processors
    Last edited by Gatt; 07-02-2010, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X