Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

770 Extreme3 - Instant boot not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 770 Extreme3 - Instant boot not working...

Hello,

I've searched the net, and the ASRock site for an explanation of how to get the Instant Boot feature to work on this motherboard...

The 770 Extreme3 box lists that has this feature, yet the ASRock website doesn't... So, is this a misrepresentation, or what... If so, please let me know so I can return the mobo...

Steps I've taken so far:
    Updated Bios
    Installed, re-installed... many times the Instant Boot software.
    Searched the ASRock site, and submitted a support ticket (it's still unanswered)

My Setup:
    AMD Phenom II 955
    XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770
    4g DDR3 1600
    ASRock 770 Extreme3 mobo

Regards,
    Vex
    Last edited by vexion2007; 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM.

Re: 770 Extreme3 - Instant boot not working...

Dear Vex,

Please retry the latest BIOS L1.43, it should be fix your issue.
    BIOS L1.43 for ASRock 770 Extreme3

Thanks!

Comment

Don't bother using Instant Boot, it's just a gimmick. All that happens is your PC goes to Sleep Mode in the 3 seconds startup and Hibernate in the 20 startup. You can more easily do it from Windows because Instant Boot will Shut Down, Restart and then go into Sleep which makes absolutely no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jprking View Post
        Don't bother using Instant Boot, it's just a gimmick. All that happens is your PC goes to Sleep Mode in the 3 seconds startup and Hibernate in the 20 startup. You can more easily do it from Windows because Instant Boot will Shut Down, Restart and then go into Sleep which makes absolutely no sense.
        Hello,

I just want to explain why system will restart once before system get in to sleep mode.

If your system go into sleep mode after using, OS will save all system date in your DRAM, those data may include garbage date, in the next time, those garbage date still occupied your memory and slow down the performance of your system.

Instant Boot is more user friendly tool which we improve the S3 function, as long as you press "shut down" under Windows tool bar, you can do any thing you want without waiting your system proceeding the Instant Boot, next time, your will see your system boot up in the short time and bring your a clean OS.

Best Wishes
        Sean

Comment

Working...
        X