Asrock A780GXE/128M and Win7 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock A780GXE/128M and Win7 64bit

When will the Win7 64bit chipset drivers be ready for this board? My system performs ok under Win7, but hard drives are horribly slow due to lack of Asrock drivers. The generic Windows drivers just don't work that great :(

Any idea when drivers will be coming for the board itself? Asrock release sound and LAN drivers but no chipset drivers except for the South Bridge which is part of the integrated video driver, which I do not use.

UPDATE: After looking in device mgr, it would seem the Asrock driver is NOT installing the SATA drivers for the board, still shows generic hardware under Device Manager. HD are running in Ultra DMA mode 6 under the Generic Windows drivers.
    Thanks in advance!!

System Specs
    Asrock A780GXE/128M No overclocking used.
    AMD Quad Core 9850 Black Edition
    4gb DDR2 ram
    WD 7200RPM HD with 16mb cache and one with 8mb cache
    XFX GTX260 vidcard
    Samsung DVD drive
    Last edited by MWH; 06-21-2010, 12:02 AM.

Re: Asrock A780GXE/128M and Win7 64bit

You can get AMD Drivers directly from here, no need to wait.

Chipset
    Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Catalyst, separate components, and RAID drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      You can get AMD Drivers directly from here, no need to wait.

Chipset

Catalyst, separate components, and RAID drivers

Yes, I've seen the site, but they warn that the drivers are NOT customized OEM drivers and may cause data loss. :(

"
      Warning: This driver does not provide custom configurations used in OEM systems and is recommended for use with retail AMD motherboards only. Installing an incorrect AHCI driver may cause problems with your hard drive including data loss. "

I am kind of leery of putting a generic driver on my system, I would really prefer Asrock step up and provide them for their customers.

Thanks for responding! I'll keep them in mind as a last resort.

Comment

Yes, I've seen the site, but they warn that the drivers are NOT customized OEM drivers and may cause data loss. :(
        They will be fine, what they mean is they may differ from drivers provided by Dell HP etc tec

Use the AMD drivers.

Comment

Yes, they are fine to use! OEM's simply repackage and rename them is all, you will be fine

Comment

Working...
          X