No announcement yet.

problem need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i went in to my bios i had the option of turning the hd off whitch i did.

so it will boot to a then cd telles me to put a boot disk in and hit enter.

so i put another one in adn it looks at drie a then tells me the same thing.

Comment

well i figured out how to update my bios i used the cd that came with the MB and it had a program that would fid and flash my bios for me

so thats dont.

But im still woundering how to chnage the resorces for surten devices i cant change any of them in the devie manager.

any help with that would be great.

Comment

A lot you won't unless during the setup of XP you stipulated your pc as a "standard PC" and not let it setup as a ACPI compliant PC. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

heres your problem: "IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System"

this is obviously one of those "ACPI compliant..." installs that should have been "Standard PCs"

do the F5 thing after a format, coz even according to M$haft the process to change from acpi to standrd, or vice-versa, is possible, yet is nearly guaranteed to kill ones system, i think going from acpi to standard is worse too

with the bios issue, i usually have a similar problem with drives under a few of my iwill-based PCs, running an NT-based OS

it seems if the boot order is set by first boot=...
          second boot=...

the best thing to do is set first to FDD and the rest disabled, this always works.

however if u have one of those BOOT=a,c,scsi type of options, then i usually, set to that, and disconnect the HDD whilst i update bios...

Comment

its most likely a video card drivers' fault

Comment

Working...
            X