Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check this out! Anyone else getting these pop-ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out! Anyone else getting these pop-ups?

Described in this webpage here , are the pop-ups I've been getting. I get them even when no programs are running. But they usually pop-up after I open a prog. like a game or Kazaa for instance.

Now, I got this link from one of those very same pop-ups. I havent downloaded anything to stop these pop-ups yet.. I was really wondering what these pop-ups were from, being that I never got them on my old computer, which was running Win.ME .

I do believe the link is truthful in saying that this type of pop-up is from Microsoft 2000 and XP. Anyone ever gotten these ? Will deleting Alexa stop these ?

Thx

The pop-up shown in that advertisment is an exploit of an administrative tool built into MS Messenger. Anyone using Windows XP, 2000 or NT is vulnerable to this heinous misuse of the system.

I'd recommend a couple of things here;
    First and foremost - get rid of the stinking KaZaa!
    This program installs all kinds of nastiness on your system. It is adware, spyware and stealware. It is one of the finest collections of crap that has ever been assembled for installation by the masses.
    If you value your computer, your privacy, as well as your sanity, Get Rid of KaZaa. I could go on and on about this, but I am going to force myself here to say "'nuff said". Take heed.

And don't be fooled into thinking that uninstalling KaZaa will solve any of that --- it will not take the garbage away when it goes. Most virii are less of a pain in the arse. For starters; http://www.adaware.com

Secondly, as to stopping the Messenger spam;
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/ has the directions for taking care of that minor issue (at least minor in comparison to the other you spoke of.).
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Oh I have adaware. And I love kazaa. But I dont use regular kazaa: ] . click here . This is KazaaLite. It is spyware free, pop-up free, and no steal-ware. I use v. 1.7.2 because I dislike the newest version(which is often the case with programs). Don't Dl kazaa lite if you dont want to.. but run ad-aware, you will find nothing. But if you love to download dvd rips, it's a great place to get high download speeds.

But definatly.. Regular kazaa has the nasties! But grokster is much, much worse. Pop-ups out the Wazoo!

Comment

Thanks for the help BTW!

Comment

Working...
        X