activation. how the hell did MS know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• activation. how the hell did MS know

I built a new box and (by the way, raves to all that helped me here with raid ide prob) was tweaking it in last night. Just booted up about 20 minutes ago this morning and bang time to activate. I knew that was coming but how the hell did they know that the activation code was in use by another machine like the error message said. It told me about the code before I even started activation. What happened to my 30 days? Spyware, plain and simple.:mad: The only time I was on the net was to come here and to get drivers. (not at MS) This really bites.
    I didn't like the idea of actication from the begining. I am going to try and see what time they were in my box.:mad:

Two M$ progs come to mind the 1st being "Fastfind" which I'm nearly sure can still be fixed and LoadQmgr which ya use to be able to stop but now if ya do will effect other progs such as Messenger plus there's probably 1 or 2 more now. :smokin:
    <center> </center>

Comment

it really is the idea of the product activation though...if you are gunna try and copy an original install to another box, at least use a corp copy or a cracked installer

Comment

This is the only machine I have this on. It is a Comp USA copy of xp home. It was on my other machine, but when I built the new box I installed it there. I knew they would want me to reactivate.
        My prob is that before I went to MS site, a message said I can't use this copy of xp because it is in use by another machine, which means they spyed on the new machine. I don't see how else they would know. :confused: The machine wasn't even 30 hours old. thanx Ed

Comment

Ya just goin' to have to ring them up and tell them that ya formated it off the other PC and installed it to ya new one so that it can be activated again. :smokin:
          <center> </center>

Comment

Would like to just deactivate this XP activation requirement because I like to play with my configuration and don't like worrying about screwing my activation. Can anyone help me get a file I heard call "WindowsxpCrackMethod.txt" ???
            :devil: :snip:

Comment

here ya go...
              At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

oooh, naughty grim :no: :no: ;)
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

almost as good as the .txt that was on the cd ya gave me grim
                  TT Original

Comment

LOL, well so r u now coz its on ur HDD :p (at least i think u were the only person so far to download it :D)...also what was in the TXT file? i forget, hehe :)

Comment

IT WAS ME!!!!
                      *points finger at self* :D
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Thx!!!;)

Too bad I don't have access to files.

:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(

Comment

LOL, ya smart arse :p