Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP Restarts Automaticly

Hi.
    I have 2 major problems with WinXP and i hope someone can help me.
    1) I am using Zyxel 942 Bridge Cable modem, with a non certified driver but its the only one i can find. When i am browsing or downloading data, i have some uncontroleble restarts of XP. It can go 30 min or 2 min between the restarts, but its not to work like this.
    2)I have downloaded all updates from Win and also installed the SP1, but i still have the problem that when i am playing games with a movie sequence, it simply stops the game.
    I am not a computer freak so if you can help and need some data from me, please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Finn.

Finn,

Try using the event viewer to see if it tells you of any errors.

Go to

Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer....

Also turn off the auto reboot feature in XP so you can get a BSOD (hopefully with an error code)

Start, Control Panel, System, Click the Advanced Tab and then System Restore Features. Chick the box available to turn off the automatic reboot.

Post back any errors you find.

Comment

But after changing my cpu fan It solved-try it if thats the case.:devil:

Comment

carl0s ya should never power a fan off the motherboard (monitor = yes, power = no). Always power ya fans from the PSU and you'll avoid that problem as ya won't be drainin' power away from the mobo plus todays high speed fans will usually burn the headers out of a mobo. :(

Idontknow definately get into the Event Viewer and each event will be time logged so match the times to ya prob as you'll most likely find some entries but pin pointin' the right prob is the trick. Just throw us a screen shot or copy & paste of what's in there as some of us here may see something there that others may miss and the BSOD isn't always an indication of the prob but what's been affected by something else so the event viewer is a better tool to work with. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks everybody.
          I will install WinXP again as i have uninstalled it and installed WinME what is working perfect but again, there are some functions in XP what ME dosent have.
          One thing is the thumpnail viewer in the file explorer, is there anyway that WinME can do the same?
          I will make a copy of the event viewer information and post it here.

BR Finn.

Comment

Hi.
            After new instalation of Win XP i seams to have no problem.
            The Difference between last instalation is that i use the Fat32 format instead of NFTS when i installed. I also unclicked the checkbox "Restart Automaticly"
            Thanks for your help.

Finn.

Comment

Working...
            X