Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok-Now I am reformatting my hdd-what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok-Now I am reformatting my hdd-what to do?

After 5 hrs there will be a new installation of xp pro and win 98 se in my p.c with 2 partition each of 10 gb(total hdd is 20 gb-inuf for me I belive).Should I use NTFS for xp?pls help me as I want no hazzards now and wanna sleep with peace!Tks !

Since you're going to be running Win98 as a secondary OS, you'll probably want to use the FAT32 file system for WinXP. Win98 doesn't recognize NTFS, so it should keep problems to a minimum.

Just make sure that you install Win98 first and then WinXP. Otherwise you'll end up with a non-booting WinXP system. The XP install will recognize the Win98 setup and make the appropriate changes to the boot sector to allow for the dual boot system to work properly.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Bye for now and see you all after I reload all things-got to go now-tks for warm responce(s)-I love you all and may god bless u all!:cheers:

Comment

Done and running almost okay except 2 probes-
        One is when I click IE short cut for a new window-it takes a bit long time sometime and more then one window opens-this happens 10-15 mins after I start my p.c.And some time some folders opens automatically whithout any clicks.I dunno whats wrong but seem that its a mice probe.

I have xp sp1 1050(beta)and now while checking updates it asks for a complete new d.l of xp sp1 express install worth of a 80 mb.Is there any link for that so I can d.l it with some decent d.l manager with resume support?tks .

Comment

It maybe better here to let us know ya hardware details but my guess would be the beta software but go to M$'s Download Center and there it can be obtained without goin' thru the Update page. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

here's the URL for SP1. get it in your download manager and you are up and running to download network installation for XP. but it will be 133 MB (cos it won't test wat all u have already got) and not 80 MB...sorry...:(

abt IE opening windows quite late and opening more than one windows...well try this...
            right click on your IE shortcut...
            go to properties and in the target part...
            ass -nohome after "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" don't forget to insert a space before -nohome.
            it should look like this...
            "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            jabber : [email protected]
            =======================
            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

no texts

Comment

Working...
              X