X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemclock

Hi,
    I need your help please.
    My Systemclock changes the time by itself.The clock goes wrong from minutes up to hours.This happens about 2 or 3 times in the week.
    Sometimes the clock jumpes back to Jan.01.2000,that happens about 1 or 2 times in the month.
    What can I do against that?
    My OS is Windows XP Home with AMD Processor 1700xp and
    512 MB DDR-RAM.
    Thanks for your help.
    Sorry for my poor english.

Offhand, I'd say it is one of two problems...

- The automated time calibration utilty built in to WinXP is acting up;

- You need a new battery on the mainboard.

First, try to disable the automatic time fixer and see if the problem goes away. With the date/time stamp being 1-1-00, this could be a motherboard standard starting point. If the automated time can't get through to the site where it gets its information, it could be shagging it back to the board's default date/time stamp. To turn this feature off, double click the clock that is located in your system tray. Go to the tab on the far right and you should be able to turn it off.

If the problem keeps cropping up, then you probably just need to replace the CMOS battery on the mainboard. With the 1-1-00 date, I'm guessing that it's not a new motherboard? If this is the case, then it may just be time for some new juice.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Just change the mainboard battery and everything will be okay, it happened to me before too and I just change the battery, but be sure to go to cmos setup before you change the battery and try to remember or list down the setting, in some cases, it go back to the default setting when you change the battery, after you change it check again the cmos if no change are done.

Comment

Working...
      X