adding columns in Start>Programs window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding columns in Start>Programs window

How can you add or resize the columns in Start>Programs window?
    I have a lot of programs on my computer and dislike using scrolling in the Start>Programs window to view them all. I would like to have at least 6 columns in this window to view them all at once. I used to know a way to do this but have forgotten how.(I believe it was a registery tweak). I have tried using Tweakui and Xteq Systems X-setup but there are no customizing options available in them to do this. I am running Win XP Home edition on a Dell Dimension 8100, 1.5GHz

If understood the question right (i think i did) then all you need to do is right click on start select properties, in the new window select the start menu tab at the top

Custormize
    Advanced
    Scroll to the bottom of the list and untick scroll programs.

Hope i got that right.

You should try doing what i do as i have loads of programs i create new folders for each catagory I.E web design, software, hardware - software, photo, letter so on then i put all the Corresponding programs in the correct folder (Much easier)

Comment

Hi devilishdanny
      I've already used that method and it gives me at most 3 1/2 columns in the Start/Programs window. Not enough!
      I've considered using folders but then I have the problem of remembering which folders I stuck what program in(I've done this with most of my Desktop shortcut Icons. Very confusing after you have 100-200 programs, then I'm forced to go back to Start/Programs to hunt it down from the list.) I'll hold off on doing that for now and hope that one of the XP hackers on one of my different Forums will come up with what I want. Many thanks for responding.

Comment

Working...
      X