Q328310 I am facing a probe after downloading it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q328310 I am facing a probe after downloading it

Its a latest patch for securities worth 4 mb or so.I downloaded it last nite and now after a blue welcome screen-my xp stops and nothing happens-I also tried last confi by pressing f8-all failed-any help pls? Nothing was wrong till I updated to this patch-

I'm not much of an XP expert but can ya boot with the XP CD and repair the installation? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

As per Microsoft its a crytical patch for security and all trouble started when I downloaded it!!huh!My copy is a legal copy and I dunno whats wrong after I updated my system(xp).I need a help pls in this subject-tks a lot.

Comment

can u boot in safe mode?
        if u yes then there could be a way out for u (may be ofcourse)!
        log under safe mode and look under "add or remove programs".
        u might see the patch u installed under the list of programs as Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) [see Q328310 for more information] .
        uninstall it from there and reboot. now u shd be able to start XP in normal mode. make a restore point and install the patch again. try not to run any programs in background, including the anti-virus software, if any, while installing.
        make it a point to download all the updates and then install rather than installing it from windows corporate update site. its a bit of pain but helps in long run.
        here is the link for corporate update...http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...en/default.asp
        also make a restore point while installing the update...especially in case of this update.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I tried that on the same day after d.l a patch and saw that both of my dial up connection were not working and I was getting an error 711 while making a new connections!(saying some files are missin and contect msft help area etc...)after uninstalling it - my pc cant load xp now-I dunno whats wrong but it seems time has come to format the hdd-huh!

Comment

the problem could have been solved when the error 711 was being observed. it happens when an important service "Remote access manager" is either stopped or disabled. after installing the patch you should have started that service which was accidentally stopped by the patch.
            if you can boot in safe mode you can install the patch again but if you can't boot in safe mode too...then i m stumped...anyone...:(
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            =======================
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

The reason of posting my experence here is to aware all readers b4 they apply this patch to their p.c-You may be right as I could have saved myself while error 711 occured but as a human I tried to uninstall the patch first(priority given)and did not look into error codes!Happens sometime!Anyway today I got to reformat my hdd.Tks for helping me out-I am so much thankful to you all friends!And I am putting this :hammer: on that patch I downloaded.

Comment

Carl0s,

Checking the MS forums...you, I and several hundreds of other folks are all in the same boat after this last go round of critical updates.

Everyone seems to have the same errors and no seems to have an answer.

Best of luck, I hope the reformat turns out well for you.

Comment

Which forums you talkin about(MS forums?),just paste its link here for us all-I am installing new s.w and I tell you I shall not update any more updates as It would be better to get killed by hackers hand rather then parents(MSFT).I again say my copy is legal but paying a price for making no sean.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Comment

MS XP Forums

Comment

As fresh install has been done with express sp1 of 133 mb today.All runs smoothly untill now-has anyone downloaded this security patch?Is it giving any probes to you?Pls advise so I can decide what to do!Tks again!

Comment

i have got Q326310 installed and running without any probs. you can also try it but only after u create a restore point...
                        oops...just forgot...Q328310 creates a restore point by default...:p
                        Last Updated:
                        10th MARCH

======================
                        =======================
                        yabaa dabaa doo...
                        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                        X