Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!! Problem With Windows Xp

HI

I'm having a problem with windows xp pro. Every so often I get a crash and it blue screens on me. The BSOD message is:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    and at the bottom of the page ARE these numbers:-

0x0000000a (0xE16A5C48, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8057F543)

Does anybody know what this means and why my pc is crashing, or does anybody know How I can find out?

MANY THANKS TEL

Hey tel,try isolating the problem by elimination.Is it a hardware or software problem.We need more info[when did your problems begin],are you running a particular program when your computer crashes?did you scan for viruses?run scandisk.Please give more info like a list of all hardware components and configurations of your computer.Also check microsoft's knowledgebase website.

Comment

Check the Event Viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools) and see if that can pinpoint the prob for ya. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Here's a simple explination of the problem:

Comment

i just say........format the sucker :geek:

Comment

thats what the guy i work with always says, but there is always a solution

Comment

:bounce: thats very similar to the error message/system crash problem i was having, i eventually got to the bottom of it yesterday it turns out the problem was the driver for my adsl modem (alcatel speedtouch connecting to freeserve BB). Dunoo if this is any help to you but your error msg looks DAMN similar too the one i was gettin, theres a thread about it in the applications section!

Comment

i used the repair feature on the winxp disk and that fixed everything.
                just boot with the disk and select repair.

Comment

Working...
                X