legal xp and office 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal xp and office 2000

does anybody know if i can install non legal copy of office 2000 in a computer thats has xp in it with out any problems ?it for my little sister in high school thanks:cool:

I would guess you would have to resort to hacks and cracks to get it to work. As a HS student, I doubt she would need to worry about flie compatability. Printouts are what she would need. Why not Open Office, which is free? Here's the link:

The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

Comment

yes you can.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing..
        My office 2000 has no key and is an iso copy..

If it's an iso copy that doesn't use a key# how could anyone tell the difference from it being an iso or retail??

Comment

Beefy

It's been a while since my wife installed a legal copy of Office 2000 on her machine, but I thought I remembered having to register it to have it work? Am I remembering wrong?

Comment

Australasia was where MS 1st trialed the activation process with both 2K and 2K Office but I also believe that academic versions of that software in the States was also fitted out with the activation process, but I may have been misinformed there. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

with office 2000, all you need is a working cdkey. there's no need to activate or register.

cheers.

Comment

Hmmm.

My office 2000 doesn't need or use a cd key..

I wonder what the difference is with one's that due?

Comment

Office 2000 should need a CD key. However, there are some versions that basically fill in the CD key for you, so you don't need to enter it. Otherwise you've probably got an illegal copy.

Comment

Working...
                  X