Who can figure this out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can figure this out???

I came to this forum about Win XP because I had a problem after installing sp1 (problem follows this statement) That was some time ago when I first posted the problem. Guess what ??
    No responce. All I see in this forum is complaints, and how to hack somthing, no real help (except from the moderators). So heres the problem after I installed sp1 on my computer , When I go to
    start\help and support. It is a dead end can't get the help and support menu also when I go to start\programs\ accesories\system tools\system information. this too is a dead end any idea how to get these links to work

hope someone can give me a reason to come back to this forum.

Thanks in advance

i would love to help you, but I never got a chance to install SP1 on my computer. Otherwise I would be walking you through it! Sorry!:p

Comment

Likewise. I'm sorry to say but I haven't seen anything like that either. After reading a lot of random problems that people are having with SP1, i'm kind of avoiding it until I need it. There's been a few patches that I've installed, but I'm gonna leave SP1 where it is for a while.

Hopefully one of the other regulars may be able to help.

Comment

I should have my copy next week i'll test it asap (once i get all my parts back)

Comment

Have you check the service in administrative tools --> services? is it enabled or disabled? set it to automatic if you can

Comment

I haven't been avoiding you either. I just haven't been particularly interested in installing SP1 yet, so I have no experience to draw from. That would make me a poor candidate to help. I do hope someone can help you. It is a good forum.

Comment

I thought this place was for tweaking stuff so no wonder people didn't reply!
              I would love to help but I didn't really understand your problem, however there is a place that seems in line with your expectations. It can be found at: http://www.ntfs.org/ you might even find what your looking for just by scanning the posts.

Comment

I know this probably isn't the best or cheapest solution, but I have Norton systemworks 2003 installed, and it scans your pc for windows problems and automatically fixes most of them. Perhaps you could obtain a copy? might be worth a try anyway.

Comment

moi followed mr tweak guidances
                  izs worked wundurbar
                  noe problemo ley..
                  pls adhered 2 zee prompts bellee bellee karefullee
                  watever mr tweak says
                  moi followed
                  words4words
                  perfect switched over
                  system on
                  reboots
                  a ok...
                  2 daes ago tried zee ada methods
                  failed
                  managed 2 patched sp1
                  butt kannok login..
                  coz moi cheated by twistin dos digits...
                  whoila...

Comment

hi,mrdennisg,have you considered uninstall servicepack1?and then using system restore.you could also try checking system files,by putting your winxp cd in,exit,press start button,then run.type "sfc /scannow".as a last resort,save all important files,and reinstall windows xp.hope you figure it out.

Comment

I've installed SP1 and I'm having no such problems. I would suggest as recommended above that you check the "Help and Support" service and set it to Manual or Automatic.

As for why people here don't answer the SP1 problems...well I see dozens of posts asking about SP1 and I just don't have the time to go through each individually.

Generally speaking, if you can, do a CLEAN REFORMAT/REINSTALL of XP, then install SP1 and that will minimize any conflicts between existing settings/programs and SP1.

Also, make sure you read my XP Tweak Guide (link in sticky up top) which is compatible with SP1.

Will help you more once you give more details of what you've tried so far.
                      My Machine

Comment

Working...
                      X