Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i make my user account universal in my network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i make my user account universal in my network?

Here is the setup.
    2 Windows XP PRO machines hooked to the net and each other throught a Linksys Etherfast Router.

We have 4 kids in the house and i want to be able (if possible) to make somekind of user profile or account, were i can limit what they can do or not. In the same way i would like them to be able to logon to any of the 2 PC's, I guess what i need and what i have to ask is....

Is there anyway to share user accounts between 2 PC's connected this way?

If not then i would have to setup 4 accounts in my PC and the same accounts in my wife's! too much work!

Anyway any response would be helpfull since i don't even know where to start!

Have you tryed to use the files and settings transfers wizard to export the profiles onto the other machine ?
    :p

Comment

the best way to make that work is to make one a "server" so to speak and have it control the accounts and settings.

Comment

Ok. ..i guess on that case, my pc would be the "server" and my wife's would be the "client", right? wouldn't this hog down my PC?

just in case here is the important stuff in my PC.
        Athlon XP 1800+
        256MB DDR 2100
        30 GIG 7200RPM Western Digital HDD
        ATI 8500LE 128MB
        Biostar M7VIB MoBo w KT266a Chipset
        Linksys BEFSR41 Router

I think that right now my router is acting as a server at least an internet server or something.

With my specs you think that "server" configuration will hog down my PC?

Thanks for the reply man!

Comment

No I don't think it would hog your PC down. You should be fine.

Comment

Open up Help and Support
            In the search field type in:
            roaming profiles
            It will tell you some info that might help

:D

Comment

Working...
            X