Questions on installing XP on new comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on installing XP on new comp

Well I am going to start building my new comp pretty soon. I was just wondering what preperations should I take when installing windows? What I mean is do I have to change anything in my BIOS (Yes i'm stupid. First computer I have ever put together... Kind of daunting). Or after you put your computer together do you just turn on the comp open the cd-drive and put the windows cd in? Or is it more complicated?

If you don't have the time... if it's too complicated could you refer me to a link that has a good explanation?

Thanks,

-PGA1234 :)

All you need to do is once the PC is built and will POST go into the BISO and make your Cdrom the first bootable device . Insert you XP OS CD and install . Follow the bouncing ball and your all done :)

Once its installed and running ok you can ( if you want to ) go back intot he bios and change the cdrom from 1st boot to last and make it
    floppy
    HDD
    CDROM

:)

Hope that helps

Comment

Ah ok, I knew there was something that I had to do with th cd-rom. Anyway that makes it pretty clear. I just don't want to have any problems... If I make some mistakes my mom won't let me build my own comp again :(.

Comment

Working...
      X