SP1 screwed me up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP1 screwed me up

OK, stupid me applied SP1 using the guide from tweaktown.com. Generated a new serial (I am using a corp version), applied it, went to Windows Update and managed to download SP1 without incident. On reboot after installing SP1, computer started fine, until about 16 seconds later (i.e. the 3 blue thingy running across the bar each time u start up ran about 16 times), the whole thing just hanged. On reset, reboot, same problem, i.e. PC hanged at exactly the same spot. I did not manage to even get to the XP startup screen. Tried to reboot, chose the option ' Last good start...' but same problem. I deleted the whole windows and reinstalled a whole new XP OS, changed the serial no again, applied the patch, and the same thing happened again! Any idea what is wrong? Only option for me was to reformat and reinstall XP without applying the patch. What a pain. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, my PC is a P4 2GB, 512 MB, NVidea GEForce 4.

Little did I know........... :cry:

Same here!!
    I simply un-installed Sp-1 & realized I had ALL the HotFixes!!

How STUPID can I BE!!!!!!!!????

Anyways,
    be well............

Comment

I accomplished this in"safe mode"

Comment

At least you could get into Safe Mode. I couldn't. Bill did a fine job here.:devil:

Comment

I didnt have any problems!!!

Comment

Good for you..........

Comment

Why the hell does people who have done the same thing, changing the serial still causes problems with some while others have none?

Comment

Working...
              X