anyone have any details on wmp9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have any details on wmp9?

I installed SP1 but of course it didn't have wmp9 in it like I thought it would. And it did install correctly. Anyone have any news on it?

:afro:

Do NOT Install Windows Media Player Beta 9 !!!!!!

If you have windows XP and you do so, yo won't be able to play streaming videos online. WMP9 doesn't come with an Unistaller and if you wants to unistall It you'll have to use the System Restore ( at your own risk btw )

One Thing I notice if you have Zone Alarm and you try to play a streaming video, mp3, ect you will have to disable Zone Alarm to be able to play it.

Wait for the full version cause is not worth the hassel

Ivision
    Mirc Junkie

Comment

Comment

I had lots of problems with this

it is still beta we should know better than install beta stuff

Comment

yea, DO NOT install it.

well, I downloaded on the 10th and it just didn't work right. It wouldn't recognize how long an mpeg movie was so you weren't able to fast forward through a movie at all, if you tried to it would start the mpeg over. there were a couple of other things too.

I used system restore to get rid of it but in doing so I couldn't get windows to boot up again. So, I ended up formating and reinstalling windows. So, if you have some time on your hand and know how to format and reinstall then go ahead and try wmp9.

Comment

Not only does it weld itself permanently to the os, it is supposed to be full of DRM junk. The DRM stuff is what probably looks like bugs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X