XP deactivated, computer crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP deactivated, computer crashed

After trying to install SP1 on a blacklisted version of XP (yes, stupid me, I should have done my research first) I can no longer load up my computer. Power on, blank screen. In the beginning it would at least load up the BIOS and then blank out once XP started to load. Now the BIOS won't even load so that I can reinstall an OS. I've tried removing the battery in the motherboard to see if that would reset it but still no go. It doesn't even seem like I would be able to install a legal version of Windows if I wanted to. Any ideas?

Comment

I guess that could be it. The reason I thought it had to do with SP1 is that I had just installed the IE6 update then attempted the SP1 update. I did get that error message and SP1 installation was aborted. I chose not to restart the computer. The problems started the next day when I booted up the computer.

Comment

Comment

At this point I'm thinking it's either a video card or motherboard problem. I'm thinking video card b/c there is no signal going to the monitor. The light just keeps blinking yellow and never going to a steady green. I'm going to have to try and find another video card to try to confirm that. What I need to know is that, is there anyone out there that tried to install SP1 on a machine running the crack XP beginning with FCKGW? Besides the message you get when trying to install SP1, did your experience any problems? I've read in other forums that Microsoft was using this update to try to deactivate pirate versions of XP trying to install it. I would think, even if this is the case, why would there be any hardware issues?

Comment

Ask yourself this. If Microsoft really did use a "blocking" thing (which they dont) like this that would practicaly destroy your computer, they would get sued to hell for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloopie
              At this point I'm thinking it's either a video card or motherboard problem. I'm thinking video card b/c there is no signal going to the monitor. The light just keeps blinking yellow and never going to a steady green. I'm going to have to try and find another video card to try to confirm that. What I need to know is that, is there anyone out there that tried to install SP1 on a machine running the crack XP beginning with FCKGW? Besides the message you get when trying to install SP1, did your experience any problems? I've read in other forums that Microsoft was using this update to try to deactivate pirate versions of XP trying to install it. I would think, even if this is the case, why would there be any hardware issues?
              Just curious. Do you hear any beeping sounds coming out of your PC when you start it up?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss1
                Ask yourself this. If Microsoft really did use a "blocking" thing (which they dont) like this that would practicaly destroy your computer, they would get sued to hell for that.

That's what one of my friends said also even though he did the same thing and his laptop won't power up now. He believes it's just the power source going bad but it seems like quite a coincidence. As far as the beeping question, no I don't hear any beeps. I've already gone through the troubleshooting guide at Soyo and from the steps they suggested it appears as though the CPU and motherboard is communicating properly. Basically, I power up, no beeps, nothing on the screen, the CPU fan is running. If I take out the video card, I hear a long beep followed by 2 short beeps.

Comment

Working...
                X