Problem with ASPI drivers on PowerDVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ASPI drivers on PowerDVD

Everytime I try watch a DVD on XP using PowerDVD, It gives me an error for the ASPI driver for the DVD drive.. Does anyone know where I can download one that will work with XP, or where I can get a software DVD player that will work?

Actually just one question and that's are ya usin' the new nVidia drivers ver. 23.11? :?:
    <center></center>

Comment

errr, no.. 21.88 I think..

I know that windows 2k had this problem as well with some things.. like cdrwin I think it was... just need an ASPI driver or something... could be wrong.

Comment

Have a look around these and ya may find what ya want (if ya not feelin' too lazy mind). ;)
        DriverGuide maintains the latest official drivers & driver updates for free download, to help update drivers quickly & easily

No more device issues. Driver Support ONE offers seamless driver updates, added security, and performance optimization.

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

<center></center>

Comment

but where's the fun in that? I was hoping someone else could give me the answer.. what's the point in actually looking for one? :)

Comment

Windows 2000/XP doesn't come with an ASPI layer by default, but if you send a nice little PM to Albinus with your email address a magical utility might appear :rolleyes:
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

See wiggo? most people help me, they don't tell me where to go..

:D

Thanks everyone.. You too wiggo.

Comment

Well there ya go Beefy but as I've only just setup my dual boot with XP but can't use it fulltime yet (due to a hardware prob) I can only help the best way I can. :smokin:
                Oh in case ya were wonderin' why I asked about the video drivers was because this seems to be another prob with some setups and DVD's with the new nVidia's. :eek:
                <center></center>

Comment

I didn't know that.. thanks.. ;)

Comment

That's ok as the things are causin' some strange probs in a small percentage of setups and I read about the DVD one this mornin'. :smokin:
                    <center></center>

Comment

wiggo... why link windrivers, u been there lately?

its a frikn paid service nowadays, waste of time....bloody subscription fee..

Comment

**** when did they do that? :eek:
                        <center></center>

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                          Everytime I try watch a DVD on XP using PowerDVD, It gives me an error for the ASPI driver for the DVD drive.. Does anyone know where I can download one that will work with XP, or where I can get a software DVD player that will work?
                          Had the exact same WinXP problem, and I copied this win ASPI driver to the directory where PowerDVD was installed and it works.. It gives me an error while starting up but it will play DVD movies.

ftp://ftp.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

:thumb:

Comment

dunno if it is just me, but that link didn't seem to work.. maybe i'll try it when i'm sober.. :) thanks

Comment

hmm file is 168K,, and I just clicked the link and it prompted me to save to disk..:eek:

Comment

Working...
                              X