power problem i think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power problem i think

well i just finaly put a 40x cd rom in this computer upgraded from nothing.

and now i have this problem whitch i think is a power problem but not sure heres what happenes.

i hear a buzz/beep comming from inside the computer but i dont think it's comming from the inturnal speaker.

and the green power light starts blinking and then after some time it freezez.

this last time it started when i started playing sims :rolleyes2

before it happened when i changed users.

im realy not 100% sure what power suply i have.

is there a way to see how much power im using ?????

Cd-rom's take almost no power. It sounds like you connected something incorrectly, check your cables, and anything else you tampered with immediatly before and since the problem began.

Comment

i figured out what it was it was a heat problem or some thing i havent been using my temp sencor but now the temp out side is 90 so when ever i was doing any anything it would over heat .

well there was nothing i can do about it with 8 fans in it and even the lid off it would still jump high and over heat well heres my suslotion to the problem.

i have a high power flor fan about 25' round with 3 speeds sitting on my table faceing inside the fan

doing nothing on the computer with out the fan temp is 80
      on low speed my temps are 73
      on medium speed 68
      high speed temp sits between 58-59

wish i could take a pic but i think thats some of the best cooling out there

:

Comment

maybe you just put the ide cable on backwards, and dont you turn on the ac? lol

Comment

it's a cooling think

when the out side temp reashes 90 so does the cpu

and it over heats and shuts down
          i got my 25 inch floor high velocity air circulator on my deck drawing heat away and it works good now

Comment

Either a "C" or an "F" after ya temps would be helpful (doubtful ya'll get 90C outside temps but) also if heat is then ya a poor HSF, poor case ventilation or a combination of both. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
            X