No announcement yet.

Windows 7 Beta Expire > Upgrade Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 7 Beta Expire > Upgrade Option?

I agree with you, it would be a nice gesture on their part, but it just is not realistic, your analogy of a car with the wheels falling off, would be a threat to peoples safety, this is no such thing, Vista like Windows 7 had a beta and an RC1, it was not good then and its not good now, but people had the choice whether to purchase it or not, the business community ignored it. People like us bought it, because we are on the cutting edge. Even most of the vendors provided a copy of XP to those who did not want Windows Vista preinstalled on their new machines. Now Microsoft has responded in short order with a new OS, they will also offer a new SP2 for Vista users, that I believe will contain most of the fixes in Windows 7. This is a matter of choice. I will choose to buy Windows 7 but like you I agree it would be nice to get it for free, but thats not a good business decision on MS part, in the future they will develop better Operating Systems and we will buy them also, someone has to pay for the R&D or we would still be using DOS. To bad its us that will be paying the price but that's the way it works.
    Intel 3960X
    Intel 2600K CPU
    Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
    Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
    Asus 980GTX Matrix
    AMD 290X Matrix
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
    Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
    512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
    Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
    Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case