reinstall windows after removing motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinstall windows after removing motherboard

I'm going to upgrade to water cooling on my new setup. (The Zalman heat sink I have will not keep up with the heat from the speed I'm running,3.91 gigs) which means I have to pull the motherboard. I've heard that you have to reinstall windows after this. I have three drives in my system. This will be a pain in the ##s. I did a search on this and I read that you don't need to reinstall it. Is this true? Like I said, I have three dives, two xp installs, one primary, one backup, and one storage drive. If anyone knows the answer to my question please get back to me. Thanks.

Re: reinstall windows after removing motherboard

Unless you change the motherboard there is absolutely no need to reinstall Windows.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

If you are reusing the same motherboard then there is not a problem. Operating system reinstallation is recommended if you change the board for a different one because different drivers are generally needed for different setups.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

awesome, thanks for the reply guys

Comment

Working...
        X