Not ACPI compliant.......Why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not ACPI compliant.......Why??

Basics: I have 2 hdd's, both sata, my C drive is 74GB, my F dive is 200GB, my mobo is an Asus A8N32 Sli Deluxe, with a 165 Opteron cpu.

History: Included with my mobo was a proggie called WinDVD Suite, by Intervision. I decided to install it and check it out. On rebooting, I get BSOD. I reboot several times, same BSOD. It tells me that my bios is not ACPI compliant. Why? Every thing was fine before I loaded that proggie, nothing in my bios was changed. Fine, I switched the boot to the 200 which has a minimal Winxp on it too. While I'm in the bios, I notice that the 74GB is gone, as in not there. I go ahead and boot the 200, go to My Computer........... and there it is! I can write to it, read files, etc. How is it that my bios is good on one drive and not on the other.
    I loaded XXclone and used it to restore the Boot Sector and MBR files, but not the Boot.ini files. I don't know whats in the Boot.ini file, scarey.
    So, now it's back in the bios, but it is still BSOD.

Question: What can I do next? Must I backup that drive and reformat/ reinstall?
Working...
X