Help with Windows 98-Windows 98SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Windows 98-Windows 98SE

Heres the deal, I used to live in an area where I got broadband internet with my IE 5.0 and Windows 98 alone, well I move and this broadband requires me to have IE 5.5 or higher, no problem there, I got IE 6.0 on a disk, but just because of Windows 98SE I can't get my internet to boot up, is there any way to somehow fool the internet system into thinking I have Windows 98SE installed instead of just Win98. I've had them both and really don't notice to much of a change in Win 98SE so I really am not excited to run right out and get Win98SE for another 100 bucks or so. I know if the startup disk would by pass me not having 98SE I could get on with just Windows 98, but I don't know of how to do this at the moment. Does anyone out there think they might know how I could do this, it's not really something many people would be doing but just taking a chance. Thanks.

Re: Help with Windows 98-Windows 98SE

You should call your ISP, whoever they might be, and ask them what to do first if you need to get online with the system your refering to. Theres probably just settings that will take care of your problem or maybe even a patch. What are you trying to do with a startup disc anyway? It doesn't make sense.....

Comment

Working...
    X