Windows networking questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows networking questions

Does anyone know how to restrict one computer on a LAN (a basic LAN with one router, 2 wired computers and 2 wireless ones) from being able to access a shared resource (say, a shared directory/drive)?

Thanks !

Re: Windows networking questions

Originally posted by raveolution
    Does anyone know how to restrict one computer on a LAN (a basic LAN with one router, 2 wired computers and 2 wireless ones) from being able to access a shared resource (say, a shared directory/drive)?

Thanks !
    Try right clicking on the drive icon or folder your trying to restrict to bring up it properties, then select the sharing tab and check the box that says Make this folder private. I think thats one way of doing it.
    You might have to adjust settings in Windows firewall or whatever other firewall your using.

Comment

Re: Windows networking questions

Originally posted by Spongebob
      Try right clicking on the drive icon or folder your trying to restrict to bring up it properties, then select the sharing tab and check the box that says Make this folder private. I think thats one way of doing it.
      You might have to adjust settings in Windows firewall or whatever other firewall your using.
      I did that, but it doesn't do what I want.. I want to make it so, like, 198.1.1.4 and localhost (198.1.1.5) can access it and 198.1.1.2 cannot access it.

Comment

Working...
      X