Things Not Deleting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Not Deleting

ok this is a really strange issue that is driving me crazy. I hate my computer it is always going crazy, anyways, this problem started (and is still going on) whenever i ran spyware scans on it, i would run them, it would show me some things to delete or whatever, i would delete them all, reboot, and then come back to it right after my computer started up and the SAME spyware would be on there like it hadnt even been deleted. Then i was using this cleaner to clean my registry, and it showed me i had something like 126 invalid/unused keys, and at this point i really didnt care about my computer so i said select all and fix (delete). I rebooted, scanned again just to see what happens, 126 of the same invalid/unused keys! So i selected all of them and deleted them again, scanned again 126 of the same keys came up, the ones i just deleted! So it seems everything i scan and delete has no affect at all. Which sucks because i cant get rid of spyware and other stuff. I have tried to disable system restore like some suggested but it didnt work. Also my start menu doesnt go past All programs, i will put my mouse on it and the list doesnt come up. I have opened it up using windows explorer and they are all there. i have tried to restore the .lnk file extension and that doesnt work. And now my computer goes crazy once again and is telling me new hardware has been added all the time. Stuff like my CD-ROM Drive and junk. Wow i hate my computer, anyone have any ideas?

Re: Things Not Deleting

What spyware removal are you using? Some spyware removal programs install spyware and sometimes are spyware, so youve got to be carefull about which ones you use. For free spyware programs, you could try both Spybot search & destroy and Microsofts antispyware, together they work well for me. Another thing to stay away from as much as possible is the use of Internet explorer for random webbrowsing, Its a biggest target for todays spyware. Mozilla Firefox has a new version of it's webbrowser that was just released a couple days ago, I suggest using that instead of IE.
    If your computer is as infested as it sounds and you wiped out needed registry entries then I suggest backing up what you need and starting from scratch, it's probably best that you take a little time someday soon to reformat your system.

Comment

yeah i use Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Anti-Spy (this thing that came with my Yahoo DSL browser). But seriously dude i think im just going to reformat and start from scratch, ive got 2 of the CD's here, thats all i need right?

Comment

another way that might get rid of the spyware is to use spy sweeper in safe mode some times when u delete the spyware from your computer it will reinstall it self using some kind of backround program that it has installed or going throught the internet so when u use safe mode the spyware cant reinstall its self since everything is turned off just try it and see what happens. I had the same problem alone time ago and did that and it worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMyComputer
          yeah i use Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Anti-Spy (this thing that came with my Yahoo DSL browser). But seriously dude i think im just going to reformat and start from scratch, ive got 2 of the CD's here, thats all i need right?
          I'm not familiar with the yahoo DSL Browser but by doing a quick Google search on it the first thing that cuaght my eye was a sentence stating that the disc they send you contains spyware, so I read no more. I hope you didn't use this disc it talked about to install the yahoo DSL Browser, it might be part of your spyware problems. If they send it out that way its hard to imagine its nothing but trouble. Also keep in mind when you download a free program that is suppose to be free, make sure it is from a trustworthy website. 3rd party companies can sometimes pack their own little surprises in with the program.

What are the 2 CD's you mentioned? The O.S. or recovery disc for your system maybe? If so, you will need them to install your operating system back onto your harddrive after you reformat your system providing that is what you decide to do.

Comment

yeah thats what i meant, wow that is really hard to believe that SBC would package spyware into their cd's though , i mean come on, you know?

Comment

yeah thats what i meant, wow that is really hard to believe that SBC would package spyware into their cd's though , i mean come on, you know?
              It appears to to be true. And complicated spyware at that. Maybe if you reformat and you feel you really need the software from the SBC disk if this is the case, downlaod it from the internet instead of using the disc as the link below states.

Comment

lol wow...im using that browser too, oh well im reformating this thing in a week, why a week? i have no idea, should do it right now, but yeah.

Comment

Um, some spyware, you need to restart the computer in safe mode to remove em. So try that before reformatting.
                  CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                  Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                  RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                  GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                  PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                  SC: Audigy 2 zs
                  LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                  Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                  Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I suggest not using their software...my laptop started acting crazy when I used it...only because I had to in order to setup my DSL account.

SBC is just like any other business...if they knew what you were looking at(if the spyware reported this) they would know what to try and sell you(or sell that info to someone else).

Comment

Working...
                    X