XP sp2 and AVG antivirus....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP sp2 and AVG antivirus....

Does anyone have any issues with XP SP2 and using AVG antivirus? I did have the latest version of AVG but after reboot from the installation of AVG my laptop wont boot. When it did boot up then AVG was disabled. I have used AVG on other XP systems and it works. WOnder if anyone had this and knew how to correct it?

Re: XP sp2 and AVG antivirus....

Same problem with my desktop system. This thread: http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?2,120,page=1 which someone else found for me may have some answers for you. I defected to Avast! virus scan program instead of trying to fix it.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

delete it then re-install it...AVG, not XP, LOL!!!

Comment

i have uninstalled AVG several times and didnt help.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberman
          i have uninstalled AVG several times and didnt help.
          Does your lappie have any form of easycd creator or Roxio software?

There is a known bug, and a fix at Grisoft

Same thing happened to me with a Compaq Presario
          E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
          X