No internet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No internet??

Ok, my computer lost is internet about a week ago. I had it one night, and when I turned on my comp the next day, poof gone . When I open IE I get the typical error, "This page cannot be displayed." So i try unplugging my cord, nothing. Reset my modem, nothing. I tried releasing and renewing my IP, but when I try to renew, it says: An error occurred while trying ... on something that is not a socket.?? I ran a virus scan, nothing. Im stumped , and Im sure one of you genius's can help me.

Re: No internet??

We don't even know what kind of Internet you have....

Comment

Why is this in the Windows Forum? Anyways-----go to "Tools" then to "Connections" then to "LAN Settings" then make sure that "Auto detect settings" is selected (and nothing else). If that dosen't work, I think you're screwed with the LAN connection, so try USB with drivers (never fails).

-------This is assuming you have a Cable or DSL modem, if its a Dial Up: Replace it! Ur in the dark ages!

Comment

Originally posted by joedemagio
        -------This is assuming you have a Cable or DSL modem, if its a Dial Up: Replace it! Ur in the dark ages!
        Wake up fool, some of us don't even get a choice.

Comment

Yea I have dsl, so i guess im screwed. All ready tried all of that. Oh well, my new computer should be arriving today, hopefully!

Comment

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling IE? Also if your connection runs through a nic have you tried uninstalling the nic in the device manager and rebooting?

Comment

repaired IE, nope. reinstalled IE, nope. Uninstall nic, nope. oh well, comp will be here monday.

Comment

it could always be that the network cable is broke

gary

Comment

Working...
                X