Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bad_pool_header

Originally posted by o0Brandnewcolony
    I had the same problem, however, replaceing my ram fixed everything.
    I was thinking about changing my RAM slots(Putting the 512MB chip into the 2nd slot) but Memtest showed no problems. SHould I do it anyway?

Comment

Wouldn't hurt.

Gary: Are you sure it's safe disabling DEP? From what I've read it sounds pretty useful.
      Last edited by LiquidWu; 01-02-2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Well, I changed RAM slots 5 days ago, and until now no problem. Thanks guys!

Comment

I've changed the RAM, CPU, PSU, Coolers (including GPU), HDD, reinstalled OS, changed drivers and yet no fix. This is getting me mad...

Comment

I'm getting this same porblem...
            I tried installing Windows XP SP2 on a fresh HD and when it's going through the installation when i choose startup from CD-ROM this same bad_pool_error pops up 0100000020 (0x86B71240, 0X86B71440, 0X0A400002)

I have a Athlon XP 3200+, 1.25 Gigs in 400mhz DDR PC3200 1 stick is 256, and the other two are 512 and working as dual DDR), ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Meg video card, two 80 Gig 7200 RPM HD's (but I only have the new one hooked up at the moment) as well as a brand new A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard (it hasn't been used yet)

Since the XP Pro SP2 wasn't working for me i tried using XP PRO SP1 and that would also stop working at the exact same spot but i'd get another error with SP1

irql_not_less_or_equal 0X0000000A (OXFFE079A0, OX0000001C, OX00000000, OX80824C18)

can anyone help me out on my little delema? I've been computerless for over a week now because I never really had time to get into fixing it due to school reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by drnkenmonkey
              wuts that supposed to mean? keep getting a BSOD... the problem was bad_pool_header...anyone?
              Out of the blue question here:
              Are you running a VIA chipset motherboard and install the IDE Accelerator Driver?

Reason I ask is because "BAD_POOL_HEADER" can show up as a message for one of many different crashes (last count I saw was over 180 different circumstances can cause it). However, VIA recently released an IDE Accelerator driver for their chipsets. When it works, it's wonderful. When it doesn't, at best it causes a "BAD_POOL_HEADER" whenever you use Winamp with its burning software installed... at worst, it sends the affected PC into infinite reboot loops or completely hose data on the drive

Comment

Did you install a new driver or piece or hardware. If so. boot to safemode. Click on start then run. type in sigverif. When it pops up click on advanced. Then click the radio button that says "look for other files that are not digitally signed". Then click browse and select the folder <hard drive>:\windows\system32\drivers. Click "OK" twice. Then click start. It will scan and tell you if any files are not signed (which may be the new ones that is causing the error) and then rename them with a .old extension- Then try to boot into windows.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryGBM
                  1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

2. Click the Advanced tab. Then, under Performance, click Settings.

3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.

4. Click Turn off DEP.

Gary
                  hi.
                  i have the BSOD errors too. i tried to turn off the DEP like you said. but there is no option to turn it off. am i missing something?

Comment

Just an FYI for everyone in the future since this is one of the first links that comes up on Google:

I'm running a Fujitsu P1120, SP2, and at first I was just getting occasional freezing during boot after I started using Wireless. Finally I get the bad poo BSOD and found this forum. I disabled *both* my internal Realtek 8139 and my internal Intersel WiFi, and freezing is gone. Now I'm trying to get some kind of net connection back up on the laptop. I probably won't post back here and will probably manage to resolve the issue somehow eventually, but this thread was a real relief as I was beginning to fear a hardware problem.

Comment

Followup: it's definitely the Intersil Prism WiFi drivers that came with SP2. Yuck. I guess I'll start digging around to find alternate drivers. Worst case I guess I'll have to go back to SP1.

Comment

When i burn cd's from itunes, the burning goes well but after the cd is done, the bad_pool_header comes up at least 9 out of 10 times. has anyone had this problem before?

Comment

Thx for the help... google placed me here and i got what i needed... i had the same problem and by solution 2 the pc is alive again cool forum btw

Comment

Admin is gonna kill you for bringing up an old thread

Comment

I only started getting this after trying to play a game I just installed (SERIOUS SAM II).
                              My system meets or exceeds the minimum/recommended requirements, but I keep getting crashes once I start to play it. The only BSOD screen I caught the message of was the 3rd time it crashed (I had turned off the auto-reboot so I could see the problem).

I was getting that "BAD_POOL_HEADER" thing.

My system :
                              Windows XP Home
                              Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz
                              3GB RAM
                              Service Pack 2
                              NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT Graphics Card (with latest drivers, I'm pretty sure).
                              DirectX 9.0c

That's all I can find. if any more info is needed, I'll need to be told how and where to find it.

At game startup, it (always?) informs me my graphics card has (been) "changed", but doesn't tell me what is has been changed to or from, only to select the "Auto Detect" in Video Options (which I did).

Other than the new game, my system has no crash problems.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

WTW

PS~
                              What exactly does the Indexing Sevice do, anyway?
                              What would happen if it were disabled or switched off?
                              Isn't it a useful somewhat-necessary process thing?

Comment

Okay, so since either no one knows anything or just can;t be bothered, I WILL answer my own question, which I figured out on my own... as usual.

Turns out the problem was due to my audio/sound device drivers not being updated. Perhaps also some of game's audio settings being lowered a bit (which I also did as per the game's forums suggestions), but more likely it was the drivers causing the problem.

They're updated and the game plays fine now. No more crashes.

I'd thank this thread for the help, but none was offered, other than some ****ing reply posted in some kind of Asian text (which is gone now). Yeah, THAT woulda done me a lot of good.

Thanks for nothing.

Hopefully this may help someone else though.

WTW

Comment

Working...
                                X