Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get rid of this pop up window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to get rid of this pop up window?

I am having a problem with a certian popup window that started popping up around the time I installed SP2 rc1. I have since formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows, this time with SP2 rc2, but I am still getting the same annoying popup box. It reads:

Security Alert

Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the sites security certificate.

The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority

The security certificate is expired or not yet valid

The security certificate has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view.

Do you want to proceed?

YES NO VIEW CERTIFICATE

Well.. that is the popup I get everytime I visit www.birdsandmoons.com It is a Paul Reed Smith guitar site.

I usually just click yes on the stupid thing, but is there ANY WAY TO TURN IT OFF? It is bugging me to death! Like I said, I don't know if this is a SP2 issue or win xp issue, I just want to stop it from ever showing up on my screen again. Anybody know how to turn this thing off?
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

sure, install firefox ;) http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Comment

Originally posted by 01001101
      Well thanks, but I don't need another browser, just need a way to turn this thing off.
      Here are my specs:
      System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Click the VIEW CERTIFICATE choice for a change. Some of these annoying blurbs will allow you to install a small piece of security code to your system and you'll not receive the window anymore. Just make sure that you TRUST this site before you take this action. Basically it works kinda like a cookie on steroids.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X